Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

migrating a UFS root file system to a ZFS root file system

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndcadams

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2004
US
Ok guys who has done this successfully. Anyone have a procedure they created that has worked for them.

Trying to learn more about ZFS and I have a need/desire to migrate my ufs file system to ZFS. Plenty of docs out there but can't even get passed the first part. I need to create the zpool and they say to use the -f if mounted filesystems but of course it does not work

I am running
bash-3.00# more /etc/release
Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC
Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Assembled 27 October 2008

bash-3.00# zpool create -f rpool mirror c1t0d0 c1t1d0
invalid vdev specification
the following errors must be manually repaired:
/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 is currently mounted on /. Please see umount(1M).
/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 is currently used by swap. Please see swap(1M).
/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 is currently mounted on /usr. Please see umount(1M).
/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s6 is currently mounted on /export/home. Please see umount(1M).

Please see post 1 as I am still really interested in if anyone got this to work.

However I decided to just update my jumpstart config to build the zfs rootpool during install so I can get some testing and work done.

I had enough banging of my head today and a wasted 4hrs.

Chris

Please see post 1 as I am still really interested in if anyone got this to work.

However I decided to just update my jumpstart config to build the zfs rootpool during install so I can get some testing and work done.

I had enough banging of my head today and a wasted 4hrs.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back