Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migratepv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhasmen

Technical User
Feb 12, 2001
ES
Hi,
I wanna to migrate pv from one disk to ther disk and I have Oracle BD on this pv, Can I use the command migratepv with Bd started ?

Thaks in advance

Try it on a (busy) test database first, I would doubt that you can safely do this though. Mike
michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com
Email welcome if you're in a hurry or something -- but post in tek-tips as well please, and I will post my reply here as well.

The migratepv command makes a mirror copy of the pv first. Once it is happy that the mirror is consistent it "breaks" the mirror and removes the lv's from the old disk. This works well and I have done it a few times, but I would recommend you wait until the system is less active, because the mirroring process is very disk intensive.

hi
u can use migratepv.
but take the backup of the vg before proceeding with migratepv. i have used this couple of times, its very cpu and disk intensive so it takes time. and that depends upon ur vg size.

u can do it this way.
unmount all fs
varyoff vg (if u r going to migrate whole vg)
migratepv source destination
fsck filesystems on new pv
varyonvg
mount fs

thats it

u can migrate perticular pps corresponding to some lv also.

hope this will help u.
let me know how it works

regards
nan
aix sys admin
u can reach me at
nandkumarg@visto.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back