Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migratepv and Lotus Domino

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaTeR

Technical User
Sep 29, 2012
SK
Hello Everyone.
Maybe somebody can help me.I have server AIX 6 with SAN storage on which is Lotus Domino Application.We need decrease filesystems (jfs2) . While we decreasing FS`s with command "chfs" , Lotus has performance problems. After that we decreasing with domino downtime.

At this moment we need migrate pv on another disks(SAN) regarding reduce of disks. i would like know if command migratepv will affecting Domino Lotus during migration or will have some performance problems.

Thanks a lot.

It all depends on the overall architecture of the system. One just cannot held disk for at fault, you have to look from all aspects, what is the memory? what kind of disk were you using? did you correctly set the queue_depth value on the disk? how is the disk coming to system (NPIV or vscsi). Also check the iostat command.

During the migration, one might see processing delay or performance degration, but not in all cases.

Need more info to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back