Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrated CR8.5 --> CR10 = grief in CE10

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixtoesofdean

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
GB
Hi

Currently evaluating CR10 / CE10. Not in too deep yet but have come across an immediate show stopper when viewing *scheduled* reports (that use sub-reports) through CE10; they don't work. I get the error:

"Unable to retrieve Object.
Information is needed before this report can be processed "

More info:
1. The report(s) in question were originally designed in CR 8.5.
2. I opened them up in 10 and saved in CR10 format.
3. The reports can be viewed in CR10 and previewed in CE10

... I just get the error when trying to view a scheduled instance that has completed with the status of "success". Whats going on with the CE rendering engine ?

If I remove the sub-reports, re-publish etc then I can schedule and view instances without issue.

One more thing: It would appear that the issue is to do with log-on credentials in the sub-report. What I've not mentioned so far is that sub-reports that do not acces the database work fine (i.e. I have a standard header sub-report that just displays common variables but has no db access - this works.

So the issue would appear to be to do with log-on credentials with sub-reports for rendering engine (since I can schedule them ok, ending up with a status of "Success"; just can't view 'em!!!

Anyone had anything similar

Thanks in advance

More info: If I create a report from scratch in CR10, then add a sub-report (created in CR8.5), and the sub-report also interrogates the db (as is the case 99.999% of the time!!), it works.

Guess there's a problem with porting complete reports from CR8.5->CR10 ? Or is there something that I should be doing when migrating them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back