Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate to W2K3 AD from W2K AD with EXCH2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaix

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
BE
Hello,

I am using ADMT to migrate computer from an AD2K to a new AD2K3 forest. Permissions translation on fils is ok but the computer doesn't reboot. After a manualy reboot, he still in the old domain. However agent was dispatched successfuly, nothing special in log files.

I have also done an Exchange directory migration wizard, but I am unable to make a LDAP connection to my Exchange Server, credentials is invalid or not have access permissions. However, my account is a Full Exchange Entreprise Admin Right. All trust with new forest is ok and both domain admin is admin of each domain.

thank you for your help.
Khaix

did u put domain admin into opposed domain local admin group?

---------------------------------------
Sr. Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Hello
Yes,domain admin is admin of opposite domain.
ADMT is installed on source domain where Exchange is running. I am logged with the domain admin account (which belong to Exchange Enterprise Admin group). I do an Exchange directory migration wizard, but I am unable to make a LDAP connection to my Exchange Server, credentials is invalid or not have access permissions...Same problem with others Exchange admin/service account...strange. Thank you for your help.

admt should be installed on target domain DC.
for ldap query, 389 is the defult port, if ex5.5 is on DC, 389 is hajacked, u need to change to 390 or other port. then ldap://server....:390 from there.

---------------------------------------
Sr. Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Source Exchange 2000 is installed on a member server in source domain and target Exchange 2000 is also installed on a member server in target domain.

I have installed ADMT before on target domain DC (and also on another server) but Exchange directory migration wizard is unavailable for any server in target domain. This action is alone in gray color and dus is unavailable. Thank you for your help.

Hello,

So the Exchange directory migration wizard is available after a User account migration wizard in the target domain.

ADMT in the target domain on the DC :
Still same problem when I tape an user account to make an LDAP connection to the source Exchange server in the Exchange directory migration wizard -> "The specified credentials are either invalid or do not have access permission on the Exchange server". This user is a Full Exchange Entreprise Admin Right on the source domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back