Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate to W2K3 AD from W2K AD with EXCH2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaix

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
BE
Hi experts,

My compagny need to migrate from a ADW2K with Exchange2K to join an existing AD2K3. We need to conserve our Exchange2K.

Joining the new AD2K3 forest with ADMT, my organisation will become a child and so domain name will be changed.

1. Do I have to prepare my AD2K3 before migration via ADMT (like adprep for an upgrade or other? I know is a migration not an upgrade and a trust between initial domain and new domain must be made).

2. How can I conserve or preserve our Exchange 2K server installed in a stand alone W2K server in the new AD2K3 with the new domain name ?

3. How can I conserve or preserve Exch2K policy and permissions integrated in AD with the new joined AD2K3 (native microsoft tools or external tools) ??

4. How can I conserve or preserve Outlook 2K Mailbox permissions with the new joined AD2K3 (native microsoft tools or external tools) ??

---- initial config: 2 servers with ADW2K and 1 server W2K in stand alone with Exch2K

thanks for your expertise.
Khaix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back