Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate from ACT! 2000 to ACT! 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufka

ISP
Dec 18, 2000
US
I'm trying to convert from ACT! 2000 to ACT! 2010. I've run into a problem in the custom field mapping. I cannot select ID/Status from 2000 and map it to ID/Status in 2010. The ID/Status just doesn't show up in the list on the left (2000 side). Is this normal?

Only if the field has been renamed or the database has some corruption.

Try the Standard Conversion... you only need Custom if you have Alternate Contact fields you want moved to Secondary Contacts in the new version.

I usually find a better conversion if I first get the ACT! 6.0 30-day trial from this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

The run ACTDIAG maintenance as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

The ACT! 6.0 version of ACTDIAG could fix more issues.

Then convert the data as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

The standard conversion seemed to work ok. Everything seemed to come over. Is there a way to import email?

The email system (inbox, etc.). It appears that emails that are attached to contacts came over. The Outlook integration in ACT! 2000 wasn't so good. So I'm using ACT! for email. (I use Outlook for personal email and like the systems to be separate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back