Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate central VLDB database to Central sql database

Status
Not open for further replies.

viberts

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
CA
Hi

I have 5 backup servers. Three are member to the central sql server database excluing the server itself. So i have sql server install on backup server (bck01) and three other server member of the central sql database (bck02, bck03,bck04).

I have another backup server with VLDB database defined as central database (bck05). I want put this server (bck05) as member of the central sql server on bck01. The vldb on server BCK05 have data on it, ideally i want migrate this data on central sql server bck01

Maybe you tell it's realistic solution and how will do

Ps) excuse my english

Hi DavidMichel

I have already find this procédure but it's a procedure for a new Database. My propblem is rather change vldb central db for a member of sql central member and if it's possible without lost my data.

But i think i found the answer for my problem with a erase database and after i put the db member of sql central db on another backup server with a sql central db.

Anyway thank you for your try and have a nice day

I have put mine on SQL Databse but now I get long load times when it updates the database after a backup. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Yours sql server is local or remote. If it's remote maybe it's communication problem. How's long is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back