Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate an AIX Master to Windows Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbomlac

Technical User
Feb 10, 2004
CA
I want to migrate(and remove) my existing AIX master server to a new Intel Windows based server, is there a document out there explaining the process, or does anyone have experince with this?

I'm doing the same, in reverse, and there are no official documents. The file formats are different between the two systems and the only supported method is using Veritas consulting.

Yeah.
Obviously there is a problem with UNIX trying to utilize a file that has a space in it's pathname like C:\Program Files\Director 0f IT\Golf Spreadsheet.xls

I have heard of people going from UNIX to Windows OK after first converting the catalog from binary to ascii.

I have also seen some threads around talking about using bpimport of ALL tapes. Yecch!

If you have a lab then go ahead and play around with it first. Otherwise, VERITAS consulting may end up as very cheap insurance in the long run.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and thats the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back