Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate 1x Portal from Windows to Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixnewbie

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2013
US
Hello,

When our IP Office system was deployed by the VAR, it was set up with 1x Portal, VMPro and Xima Chronicall all running on one VM. For various reasons we would like to split these up. I have heard(and I'd like to hear opinions here) that running 1x on Linux is becoming the preferred deployment scenario. We do plenty of linux around here and I'd like to move 1x to a linux VM. I haven't found any Technical Bulletins on how to do this. Can it be done with just a Backup from the old and Restore to the new?

Thanks,
Stephen

Not on one of your Linux boxes. You have to install the Avaya application server.

If you stay in the same release you can download the 1XP config in the AFA area, set up a new one and restore again within AFA.

TO be fair there is so little setup in one-x a clean install would only take 10 minutes to configure afterwards.

| ACSS SME |

That's correct. But you will lose all user individual configuration like profiles and directory tabs and hunt group queue settings.

Thank you for the direction. I haven't found a license requirement for the application server. Is it free to use (obviously many of the features are already licensed in IPO).

You only need the necessary licenses for the IPO like preferred edition, and user licenses.

I'm now closer to implementing this and came across a new question for which I would like some experienced clarification. The documentation makes it clear that a single one-x server can serve multiple IPO servers. However, in preparing the new Application Server, it seems I need to configure it for my IPO. This would mean 2 One-x servers on 1 IPO server. I need to know whether that will disrupt the current One-x operation. I intend to backup and restore to the new server but it appears I have to get through the initialstate configuration first.

Thanks
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back