Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Midi connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

danbhala

Technical User
Jun 2, 2004
IE
Am about to start a major project for college this year. Basically my idea is to make a MIDI File composer using Director as the platform. So in order for this to work i have to find out what MIDI connectivity there is with director. I am aware that there some Xtras out there to hear MIDI sounds as you play them (real time), but what i need is to be able to export the desiered composition into a midi file.

Basically i will be creating a simple sequencer type of program (a very simplified version of Fruity Loops/Cubase). And When the user is creating their song when you play it back, they will be able to hear their music, played back through midi. And when they are done they can save the file as a Midi File.

So if anybody out there knows how to do this or can point me in the direction of finding out please post! Also if you know that this is impossible please tell me, as i will have to make up another project proposal asap!!!!!

Thanks a million to everyone who helps

-Daniel Stuart
DL131: 3rd Year Multimedia Programming,
IADT : Dun Laoghaire,
Co. Dublin,
Ireland

sequenceXtra is able to save standard .MID files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back