Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 'virtual' extension call forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljclives

Vendor
May 22, 2004
US
I need to set up an extension(s) in the MICS that externally call forward to an external number. No physical phone connected to the port. Is this possible?

Sometimes. It's hit and miss. Plug in a phone, set the forwarding and then unplug it. I've had it work. Sometimes not. Sometimes works for awhile.

Sorry to be so vague.

Marv ccna

Generally we would have said no, maybe it depends on the software level to get that "hit".

One workaround possibly here:

Options:
-Mailbox greeting - leave a message with a number to call
-All Norstar voice mail systems - Off Premise Notification - when a message is left vmail calls the mobile so the user can check the message
-Callpilot - Outbound Transfer - in your mailbox greeting tell people to leave a message or press 7 to call your mobile
-If using AA for a small business where people press 1, 2 3 etc for a person then program the Path's for Transfer/External
-DID/Private Line - Use Line Redirection - Intercom calls or calls from AA will not be redirected.

Even if the phone is plugged in you need to have software 4.1 or above on the MICS/CICS to allow for External Forwarding
Here are more detail:

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back