Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mics Version 7 XC Loosing Incoming calls on Line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishi

Technical User
Nov 15, 2003
CA
Hello guys, good to have you still around.
In the last 5 or so years, I was "lucky" enough to find the answers on my own, but this time I am having problem with it.
My customer has a fully loaded Mics 7 XC system. For about 2 weeks they started to loose calls. Through my telephone inquire I found out that the calls on the main line (Line 1) were lost. Using the but set the calls could be answered no problem, but through the Ksu there were just half rings and no one on the other side. After replacing the line card the problem was still there. Checking the reception console at the incoming calls I found that when there was an incoming calls on line 1 the line 13 is automatically "jumped" on the call and caused loosing the call. After I put line 13 on hold, calling the line 1 it triggered this time the line 12. Putting that one on hold as well, the line 11 jumped in as a trouble maker. Disabling/enabling those cards, rebooting the system didn't make any difference. By busying out Line 1, the problem disappeared. So temporary I switched within one hunting group the line 1 and 15 with each-other, thinking that almost never will be an incoming calls on the 15th line, which is hooked up at the moment as line 1 on the ksu. Having the line one hooked up to the port of line 15 cleared loosing the calls. I would like to have an idea about what could cause this kind of problems, before I do "radical" changes on the system.
Every idea will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Istvan

My first guess is corruption, doing a system startup then reprogram from scratch or possible restoring from a backup may clear it.
If it's 7.0 then upgrading to 7.1 may also help clear bugs.

So what happens when you call line 15 (on port 001) a bunch of times? will it have the same symptom?
Or how about switching line 1 with 2 instead of 15?.

Bottom line sounds like corruption with line port 001.

Might be best just to leave the fix or use port/line 16 (assuming its free) and replace line 1 on reception set with it.

Maxed out but only 15 lines?
Had you considered PRI?

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Hi Curlycord.
Thanks a 1,000,000 for your input. I share your opinion on possible corruption of the port 001. Reprogram the whole system from scratch will be my last resort of the "radical steps" because as I mentioned this is a fully loaded system. I have a backup (about 6 month old )which I thought I will use for restore. I was also thinking to back up the existing system and use that to restore, but I have a feeling that with doing so I will restore the corruption as well. I am not planning to replace the lines with PRI ones. I tried to hook several lines to the 001 port. Calling those numbers resulted half ring and last calls all the times. Every other port works ok. Upgrade to 7.1 could fix the problem ?? I don't know, I wish it would do it. As I mentioned the system works with my "temporary trick" (switched lines 1 and 15 with each-other). I am hoping it will last, just the fact that I had/have this problem with the line port 001 "bugs me a little bit" Btw. when I was talking about the 15 lines that is just one group of the several I have on the system. Line wise I am not maxed out completely yet but I have 35 lines hooked up to the Ksu.
Thanks again.
Istvan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back