Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Version 7.0 Debug Address for lost CONFIG/Installer Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvanw27

Technical User
Mar 30, 2022
US
Hello,

I recently got a MICS Version 7.0 that has the config (266344) or installer password changed and I cannot find it. I've checked the debug menus for it, but can't find the right address to find the missing password. Has anyone been able to find the right address? I've reset my system to October 13, 1992 (I believe) if that matters in finding the address

"I've reset my system to October 13, 1992"
For any particular reason?

Since you just acquired it then do the STARTUP within 15 minutes of powering up and it will default all.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

October 13, 1992 is one of the dates I found the debug password for. I’ll run the STARTUP and see if that solves my issue. The system was already close to default, it appears that shortly before it was sold, they cleared everything off of it, but changed the configuration password at that time. I’m trying to change the DNs so that they aren’t all over the place.

The password was under that address, and I was able to change my DNs.

Another quick question while I'm in this thread - how do I change what extension pressing '0' maps to from an internal phone? Say I press '0' on extension 3305. I want it to route to 3301, but instead it's set to dial 8241, which is not an extension in use on this system anymore. Where should I go to change this? I've already changed the Auto Attendant operator extension to 3301, but it doesn't seem to affect internal phones.

Direct Dial (0) under System Programming

Default settings:
-Direct Dial #1 points to the lowest DN by default
-All sets point to Direct Dial #1 via Capabilities

If you have 2 companies sharing the system then for Company B:
-Setup the Direct Dial #2 to point to their receptions DN
-For all Company B sets change Direct Dial in Capabilities to #2

Auto Attendant is part of voicemail, a separate system, why you need to setup both.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I noticed that as soon as I was in messing with system programming. Aside from incoming lines, the system is fully operational in my home/office/lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back