Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS R7 PRI - dial out issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

melbs1

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2004
US
Thanks in advance for any help

0x32 MICS R7 w PRI - reprogramming from scratch - apparently I am too rusty to figure out how to get dial 9 and outside calls working.

Everything (incoming main numbers and DIDs) works fine - everything other than calling out - can not call any number out.
Can not recall how to set up dial 9 for outgoing calls either.

Currently:
Dial 1 = "invalid number"
Dial any other number = silence waiting on more digits

Dest codes:
90-93 = unavailable
94-99 = assigned
930-935 = unavailable
936-939 = assigned

Route 001 - Dialout: no number; Use: PRI-A; SVC: Public

Restriction filter added local area code 317 - but calls x317 when dialed.

Lines 1-23: Trunk: PRI; Line type: PRI-A; Line restrictions: Normal - 03;

You did not list the details of your dest codes but more importantly there is no "9" listed.
9 cannot be used if it is programmed as a line pool, as an external code, as a leading digit where you have 9XX already programmed such as it looks like was done.

Choose which dest code you want to use then tell that dest code to use route 001

This is what details of a dest code look like:
Dest code 8 Route 002 Absorb All

What is all this anyway? something you programmed?
Dest codes:
90-93 = unavailable
94-99 = assigned
930-935 = unavailable
936-939 = assigned

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

sorry for the confusion on the dest codes, I didn't know why it was set that way.
I figured they were there by default. it turns out someone else tried programming this system first

is it possible the circuit could go "stale" so to speak and not allow for outcalling after it was offline for 4-5 days?
Not sure if that was possible since inbound/DIDs working fine.

Thanks again

removed the Dest Codes listed and added 9* (I was not able to just add 9, nor 90, 91, 92, 93) - when I went back to View that dest code it shows them like previously posted: 90 thru 93 unavailable and 94 thru 99 "Assigned"

Never heard of being able to add 9*
9 is obviously in use somewhere.

Did you check Line Pools and the External Code per above to make sure 9 is not used?
Do users have a DID where the received digit starts with 9?

Have you tried to create a dest code of 8 or 8X or 8XX

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

9* meaning 9 Any - not sure why could not add a single 9 or a single any number other than 5.
So I removed the 9* dest codes and added 5 - that worked fine 5 and # to dial out. so changed Dest Code to 99 and it works fine.
Just can not enter a single 9 digit for dest code. Sooo, great that it works, but sucks that requires 99 instead of 9.

it's not any line pool code, park prefix, external code, nothing that I can find.
not sure how to search for where/why the single 9 is not an option here. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back