Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS call forward to cell problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazak

Technical User
Aug 26, 2003
US
Working on a MICS D6.1 with a PRI and DID's. Trying to set up call forward to cell phones. I've followed the steps in the call forwarding off site FAQ doc on this site. But what happens is you call the DID, call hits the forwarded extension, call goes out to cell phone and connects for about 1 second, then the call drops or you get a telco recording. I had a tech at the telco monitor this and he said the call forwarding went through to the cell, then the PBX gave a disconnect signal on both trunks. Anyone have an idea what's happening here? - thanks

can you post the system version of the Norstar (the complete one) if it doesnt end in G10 you may need to get that to resolve it

do DN Calls also fail?

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Sorry, I should have mentioned the DN calls do forward fine, it's only calls from outside to a DID where they fail. Here's all the system version & software info-
system version:30CQE06 NAT
on software cart. label: DR6.1 NT7B66CC

6.1 PRI issue? I haven't had this trouble yet; it could be my LECs use hardware not affected by the known bugs, but 6.1MR (and above) is supposed to be PRI trouble free.

Don't know if you've solved your problem yet, but we were dropping calls on forward to an outside line. The system was disconnecting too fast. We solved the problem by entering a pause after the number...

Instructions: Forward all calls to an outside line: Press Feature, enter 4, enter 9,(to get an outside line) enter the phone number then press the # key with no spaces. Press OK.

Thanks, no haven't solved it yet. Is your case also using a PRI?

Is it a full PRI or thru a CSU. That will cause issuses. Try changing from desending to asending.

Try doing an external transfer, if that doesn't work then its your C-LEC

Thanks - I tried forwarding to a number with # at the end, no difference. It completes the call and then cuts it off. I tested an external transfer, works fine. It's a 12 trunk fractional PRI, there's no CSU, the CLEC has a Cisco box which breaks out voice (PRI) and data (on demand type).

We had this problem going to ATT cell service with no resolution.

This is a fraction PRI? Did you change deprovision the unused channels along with link status under "MAINT"??
Not sure if that is the issue but have seen other issue when the link status wasn't correct for the deprovisioned channels. Good luck.

I just had to do some work on a customer here and found out that you have to have the target line at least have a ring appearance on the forwarding phone, until then I was just spinning wheels with transfer tries.

I also put a # on the end but it may not be needed in all cases.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

thanks Jerry, you hit the nail on the head. You've got to have a ring & appear for the target line on the extension for the forwarding to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back