Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS & Flash Suggestion - Downgrade MICS to make Flash work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iswsystems

Vendor
Dec 15, 2008
CA
Customer has MICS 4.1, wants to add voicemail. I have 3 working Flash 1.7's. According to the compatibility chart, I need 1.9 or 2.0 to run with this version of MICS.

I do have, however, a working MICS 2.0 software card.

Is there a downgrade procedure I can use without trashing their system programming?

What features would I lose by going from 4.1 to 2.0...anything major?

Does anybody have a 1.9 or 2.0 Flash card that they want to part with?

Thanks!

You can never go home again...If you downgrade the system will default and it may change system id. Only bad things happen when you downgrade.
You might try hooking up the flash 1.7 Who knows, it might just work?? If not you should be able to pick up a 1.9 or 2.0 pretty cheap.

Wayne T

iswsystems said:
What features would I lose by going from 4.1 to 2.0...anything major?

Amongst the major features:

[ul]
[li]External Call Forwarding[/li]
[li]Hospitality Services[/li]
[li]Hunt Groups[/li]
[li]PRI[/li]
[/ul]

I have seen a Call Pilot work with a 6x16, I would give it a shot. What have you got to lose>

Wayne T

AGREE WITH silver987 compatibility was rarely a drop dead issue just some minor glitches.Also could be that expensive for 2.1 flash software

Pretty much retired from telecom and now grow and sell perennials from April-November and Ski from Nov-April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back