Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.1 and BCM50 6.0 networked with PRI trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpzan

Technical User
May 14, 2016
US
I installed a MICS 7.1 with a PRI for a customer several years ago. A couple of years ago I installed a BCM50 6.0 with a PRI for the same customer at their branch office right down the street. Both sites are full auto attendant.

I've got both sites set up with destination codes and target lines where they can dial each other and transfer calls to each other by dialing four digit extension numbers.

Question: Is it possible to set up the BCM50 so callers answered by the BCM auto attendant will ring the operator at the main site (the MICS site) when pressing zero?

I think you need centralized voice mail for that and/or MCDN key codes, somebody maybe can confirm doing BCM to MICS.

This would allow dialing extensions from AA to get to either site.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thank you sir.

These two sites aren't connected with a point to point PRI. Each site has it's own PRI. I've got destination codes programmed into each system that match the extension numbers on the other system. A four digit call from system A reaches the phone at system B via public network DID.

I've thought about maybe setting up an unused extension in the equipment room at the BCM site and programming it as the dial zero extension then forwarding the unused set to the operator's DID at the main site.

Any thoughts?

Okay, looks like we've found a resolution to this problem.

There is no dedicated operator at the BCM site and the customer just wanted callers who press zero to stop ringing the employee at BCM extension 221. So I set the BCM CallPilot Table 1 repeat digit to zero and set the CallPilot attendant extension to none. Also set the attendant extension to none in F982 and turned off the general mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back