Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.0 With PRI, Line Redirection And Call Forwarding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy8s

Vendor
Apr 19, 2011
US
I have a client in a medical office that is using an MICS 7.0 with a full PRI.

They have a single DID dedicated for their advice nurse(s).

Occasionally, the nurses would like to redirect or call forward to a line outside of the system to work from home or a cell phone but in order to unredirect they have to call into the operator.

Here's the kicker, the office manager would like for the advice nurses to be able to control the redirect or call forwarding from off site.

Is this possible?

The only reference I see in the programming docs is for OPX and DISA, BUT, because it is a PRI the installer's guide says it can't be done...

Am I wrong or is there a solution that might accommodate their need?

You can only cancel a forward remotley via the mailbox, you cannot cancel a line redirect.
You must be in the building to forward or use line redirect.

Most medical places use the mailbox features.
You have reached blah blah blah, press 7 for the on call person or leave a message.
If no messages to be allowed then try the Alt Greeting and turn messaging off.

To change the on call cell # simply log into the mailbox remotely or on site and change it via option 8 in admin (8/8)

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back