Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 6.1 w/PRI DID Multiple ringing issues! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvandmx

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2007
Hi everyone.
Have a MICS 6.1 w/PRI. Have a DID assigned to 1 extension only w/if busy: Busy tone. The Fwd no answer delay on the set in question is set to: 6. The last 2 or 3 rings before the transfer to voice mail rings the programmed set and the Receptionist set simultaneously then transfers to voice mail. Is there a setting other than the fwd delay that can be changed to prevent this. Even with the fwd delay set to 4, the receptionists set rings half a ring. A delay of 3 is not sufficient for the user.

Thanks,
Kevin

Check 'Prime Set' on the target line. It should be the same as the set it appears on, but is probably the default (receptionist x-221?). The Delay Ring Transfer (DRT) is probably pulling the call back to the 'prime set'.

Thanks gforce9,
That is exactly correct. It's been 5 years since I Initially programmed the system. I guess I've slept since then. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back