Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 6.0 to ShoreTel PRI - Networking Issue with outbound calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhnl

Vendor
Oct 21, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have an MICS system with two digital trunk cards. One is connected to the CO and the other is connected to a ShoreTel system.

I have successfully configured internal 4-digit-extension dialing between systems and incoming DID routing from the PSTN through the MICS to the ShoreTel.

I am attempting to configure outbound calling to the PSTN from the ShoreTel through the MICS. I can dial 411, 611 and any DID numbers that terminate on the MICS without any trouble. However, when I try to call any other number say 604-XXX-XXXX all the calls ring to the Norstar prime set defined on the PRI link to the ShoreTel.

I added destination code 56A and configured this to route 001 (the PSTN PRI) and strip two digits. Remote access package 01 has been configured and assigned to allow access to both PRI line groups.

The ShoreTel system is configured to add 56 before sending any outgoing digits, so the Norstar sees 56-604-XXX-XXXX (this does not work). When I dial 411 the ShoreTel sends 56-411 and this routes properly to the PSTN through the Norstar. I've done a trace on the ShoreTel side and the numbers are sending out as defined.

If I send out 56-604-555-1212 from the ShoreTel, and 555-1212 is configured as a 7-digit target line on the Norstar this routes properly.

I have checked the number of "public digits" and this is correct.

Any thoughts as to what I might be missing?

Thanks

Did you check the Restrn filters on the lines

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Yes, the filters on both PRI lines are 03 with no restrictions assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back