Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 5.0 Paging and outbound caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmpp

Vendor
Feb 25, 2012
US
MiCS 0x32 5.0, is there any way with this software and POTS lines to enable outbound caller ID to display their main number from all lines that the users call from?
Also, is there any way to have certain areas receive pages through the phone only under specific circumstances and not hear the regular pages?
Thank You

-Carrier controls the CLID, put in a ticket with them to have the rollovers show the main # too.

-Sets can put put into a page zone, 6 to choose from.
So regular pages might be page zone 1 (F611) and phones in zone 6 would be F616.
Or F610 to page ALL zones.

That is how different departments are paged.

So make sure sets are in correct zone and that people use the correct page quotes.
See the FAQ's:

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the reply, after I posted this I realized how the paging issue could be resolved.
The carrier, AT&T told the customer that they could not do that because the lines were analog POTS lines?
I will investigate further about lines, just wanted to make sure that the MICS wasn't able to control CLID.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back