Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 4.1 upgrade to 6.1 and it doesn't work. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miekodamonkey

Technical User
Oct 17, 2008
US
I'm new to this phone system stuff. Just upgrading my MICS from 4.1 to 6.1, but my phone just blinks. When I put my original 4.1 back on it works fine. Any ideas why changing it to 6.1 doesn't work and ideas on how to make it work. I called a local phone system reseller and he said to drain the cap in the nvram cartridge, I tried that too, but it didn't work. Should I drain the cap in the MICS cabinet also?

I believe you need an upgrade tool for the upgrade to complete or you have to do a f * * startup and go from scratch with new software.

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

This always works for me, do a startup on the 4.1, when it says "applying template" power down and insert your 6.1 s/w and power up. I might take a few Minutes but that seems to work.

Wayne T

Silver987's idea should work. The reseller's idea was only partially correct. If you drain the cap in the nvram you will also have to remove the CMOS battery from the MICS backplane/mother board and drain all of the caps (about 18 total) to wipe the memory from the processor. This will work too but Silver987's process MUCH easier! If you've ever had a MICS come up stuck in "maintanance" you know what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back