Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 3.0 T-1 Target lines only ring to the prime set. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPTech

Technical User
Jan 7, 2002
US
I have a MICS 3.0 Norstar.
When I place a call to the T1 dialing 384-1445 it only rings on the prime set programmed for that line, it does not ring the target line that is programmed to recieve the digits. Target line 167 rec'd digits 1445, private to 309, prime set 309. What might I be missing? I am unable to confirm the digits being sent by the carrier due to the switch in the CO will not allow them to see the digitd.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Stewart
Special Order Systems
E-mail mstewart@team-sos.com

Is target line 167 assigned to a button on ext. 309? You would assign the target line like a regular c.o. line. It will appear right above the intercom buttons on the phone. You can also assign the target line to be ring only if wanted.

Brian Cox
J & J Communications

Target Lines Programming:
From Lines – Show
Show LN: 145 – Show (target line range from 145-275 non-XC SW, 145-336 XC SW)
Target LN – Next
Private to: (extension number) – Next
Rec’d #: (enter digits Telco is sending) – Next
If Busy: to prime – Next
PrimeSet: 221 (change to the extension # )- Next
CLID Set: None – Next
Aux. Ringer: N – Next
End of list

Then just assign the Target line to the phone.
Goto terminal and sets(set 309)<lines<and assign line 167 to ring at set 309

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the sugestions.
I do have Target line 167 programmed to appear and ring on Ext 309. And all the other programming that you suggested and still the lines will only ring the prime set programmed for that channel. I found a statement in an old DR5 manual that stated, if the digits are not reconized by the PBX only the Prime line for the line\channel will ring. I attempted to trouble shoot with Worldcom to confirm the digits that they were sending me but the tech informed me that the switch that this T-1 was in did not have that feature. Any other suggestions of where I might check.

Thanks Mike Stewart
Special Order Systems
E-mail mstewart@team-sos.com

IPTech,
Check under &quot;Services&quot; --> &quot;Common Settings&quot; and check the Prime set for DN 309. Is it set to 309 for the target line 167. If you go to &quot;Terminals and Sets&quot; and assign line 167 to Appear and Ring the phone will get the line assigned to the top button on the left on a 7310 set.If you assign it to ring only it will appear above the first Intercom button.
Dmac,

The biggest problem that I see is that the digits being sent cannot be confirmed. THAT is the problem. We HAVE to have the digits being sent confirmed. If they are sending 3 digits and you are set to receive 4 then it is going to prime. If they are sending 7 and you are set to recieve anything else it will go to prime.

You might try receiving other digit lengths if WorldCom is being a pain in the tush! Try 3 and 7. 3, 4 and 7 are the most common receive digit lengths. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back