Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MicroStrategy's logic for Fact Table Auto-select

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobieRhyme

Programmer
Aug 27, 2005
PH
Hi. I am a new to MicroStrategy, especially with Project Designing. Hope you bear with me.

I have a fact that has been mapped to many fact tables. Now I'm curious how the MicroStrategy automatically select which table best fit to a certain report. Anyone knows?

Thank you very much.

NoobieRhyme,

Microstrategy will select the fact table from the attributes which you have defined in your report template. Usually MSTR will select from the table which has the lesser LTS (logical table size). LTS is basically calculated based on the columns in your fact, aggregate and dimension tables.

So if your template contains dept id, manager id and qty and if there is a matching fact or aggregate table for this combination then MSTR will select from this table.

For further info. on the logical table size and how MSTR chooses the appropriate table, you can visit the help section or their are materials available in MSTR knowledgebase.

good luck.

teccum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back