Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Word will not open,Add Remove programs problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maborouk

Technical User
Aug 13, 2001
GB
Firstly my printer icon disappeared from the stat up icon toolbar and then when I go to open Microsoft Word I get a message saying "The application must be installed to run.Please run set up from location where you originally installed the application" and then when ok is pressed the programme closes. Also in my add/remove programs, nothing was visible apart from Zone Alarm.

Can anybody help

did you try a restart before anything?

how about start/ run type in: scanreg /restore ,pick an eatlier date and reinstall reg??

Thanks for all your help, however it was not a virus issue (my AVG is always fully up to date) but when I went to start run and then typed in scanreg I got a "repairing registry" message. After this was done, my computer went back in time, but most importantly all programs were again visible in add/remove programs and Word opened without a problem.

I also was able to run Scandisk and also correctly install ZoneAlarm, both of which I was previously having problems with. Obviously everything was related to a corrupt registry, so I shall post this to hopefully help other members who might be having the same problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back