Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Word or Printer problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisco14

MIS
Jun 5, 2003
US
I'm having problems printing to a specific printer. I cant print in landscape, I cant manual feed, and I get this error message "The Margins of Section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page." Now I'm only getting this message with Word and nothing else. I've tried following steps to help fix the margins, but still I cannot seem to correct this problem. Any suggestions?

What printer is it?

Also:

Problem: Error message "Margins are outside the printable area of the page"

To determine the minimum margins for your printer: Open a blank document. Set all margins to zero, and hit OK. You should be told that your margins are outside of the printable area, and choose to Fix or Ignore it. Choose FIX. Go back into the margins and see what they have been changed to. These are the minimum margins of which your printer is capable. You may want to set your Word default margins to be at least as large as the minimums.

For best results in all documents, determine the minimum margins you'll use for all documents. I like to use 1.0" margins all the way around.

To change Word's default margins for your computer, hit File-Page Setup, choose the Margins tab. Change your margins and hit the DEFAULT button at the lower-left of the dailog. This will NOT change existing documents; only new ones.

Anne Troy
Way cool stuff:

Thanks Anne but I've tried all that. I am left with no other ways to go about this. We currently have two identical printers and the other one is working fine. I think it's because of the printer. I dont know but thanks anyways.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back