Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Word insert pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray2nite

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
Using Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003.

When I insert pictures into a MS Word document the pictures disappear and reappear randomly as I scroll through the document. This is happening on two different computers at two different locations.

Does anyone know how to make the pictures stay put in Word?

did you cut & paste the pics from the internet?

eyec asks: did you cut & paste the pics from the internet?"

Some pictures, yes. Most pictures are on the local drive.

then you are probably getting a lag in retrieving the pics you loaded from the internet.

right click on one of the pics and see if it refers to a webpage. if so, every time you move the screen it has to reload form that website.

This disappearing and reappearing at random occurs when all the pictures are on a local drive.

This is due a problem with system resources. Word doesn't load all the documetn graphics when it is opened: it will only load and draw the graphics on screen when the graphic comes into active view. If you have slow memory or slow graphics card, your system just cannot keep up with the demand as you scroll by quickly.

If you need to scroll through a long document quickly, you can turn on the Picture Placeholders option, or better still, use the document map for moving through the document.

Regards: tf1

I had the same problem with Word 2003 but not Word 2002. I cured it by reducing the hardware acceleration property of my graphics card.

Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back