Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Word default all font to black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM8888

Programmer
Nov 21, 2011
US
Hi all,

I have an unusual situation with a user, there is a word template that gets populated from a web application and that template has some font that is yellow. It's preferred that this font stays yellow for most users but one user cannot see the font because of some eyesight issues. The template is also opened in a view mode so they can't edit the font to black so they can see it.

I suppose ultimately my question is, is there somewhere a setting that no matter the document they open that all font shows up as black?

*I don't have access to change the templates anyway as it would have to go through an IT request I'm pretty sure, so I was looking for a quick shortcut fix if it existed.

Thanks for any advice!

This is an interesting situation. I would have suggested a macro converting yellow text to black as a quick work round, but you say that documents are view-only. I don't know your role in your organisation, but this does sound like an HR issue. You have a user with some sort of eyesight problem that the organisation is not addressing. I can't see why you can't raise this as an IT request and involve HR to support the changes.
I have to say that use of a yellow font in any document is, to put it gently, unwise - it's probably the worst colour to use for text and it's a strain for anyone to see, so perhaps the whole design needs to be addressed!

Since this user seems to have some eyesight issues (leaving aside the question of who designed a webpage using yellow fonts - but some do have them [e.g. ]) perhaps they should consider using the 'Ease of Access' tools in the Windows Control Panel to adjust the display settings.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Thanks for the response guys, yeah the yellow isn't that quite intense, I see what you're saying though!

I did actually dive into the windows themes to see if that would be a viable option and things like high intensity black does change the font, the only problem is that it disables the background image highlighting, which is crucial, turns out IT will be editing them in the end so probably will get sorted there, thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back