Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Web Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiggymates

Programmer
Dec 20, 2003
GB
I am trying to add a window on to one of my forms in Microsoft Access that will display a web page. I have installed Microsoft Web Browser and placed it on to one of my forms, but do not know how to link to a page. It is basically just blank. None of the properties seem to link to a web page. Do I need some code or am I using the wrong tool?

I know I can add a hyperlink that will open the internet explorer window but this will not look as good.

Any help would be appreciated - cheers.

The web browser control doesn't expose it's properties very well in Access forms, but it does seem to work fine. The object method you're looking for is the Navigate method. The example below shows how to open Microsoft.Com in a control called webMain in the form load event:

-----
Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()

webMain.Navigate "[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.microsoft.com"[/URL]

End Sub
-----

You can get more information on the web browser control at:

Hope this helps.

Glen Appleton

VB.Net student.

Thanks - this works but now I am having trouble re-sizing the window. It always seems to reset to a default (small) size. Any more help?

Cheers

You can expose the Web Browsers properties by declaring a variable as WebBrowser (i.e. Dim MyWeb As WebBrowser). Then simply type MyWeb. and a popup will display the available properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back