Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft W2K3 Server VPN - Route internet traffic using clients ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

databit

Programmer
Sep 12, 2002
US
Ok I have the VPN all setup and it works decently but one thing I really want I can't figure out.
When "Use default gateway on remote connection" is checked in the client then remote users can connect to the vpn, access computers in the right subnet and access the internet

When it's not checked, users can't access computers on the subnet (other than remote desktop into the vpn server itself using the local IP) but they can access the internet through my network.
If it is checked then users can access the subnet and the internet through my network.

What I would like is to be able to have the users access the subnet as if they were here but use their own internet for everything else.
Does that make sense? What am I missing to get this to work?

You need split tunneling setup, never done this with Windows Server VPN only Cisco.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back