Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft vs Borland controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

trimtrom

Programmer
Dec 12, 2003
GB
Hello

I am a VB programmer who is fed up with the really basic GUI controls that we get in VB6 and VB.NET. I am looking for a combobox with a multicolumn dropdown and also a datagrid where you can EASILY embed controls like comboboxes or listboxes. It doesn't seem much to ask, but they just don't come with the Microsoft IDE.

I was wondering whether any of the Borland products (Delphi, C++ Builder, JBuilder etc) came with the controls I have just mentioned included. Perhaps someone can advise which, if any, edition does have these features?

Many thanks,

Trimtrom

in contrast to VB and VB.NET you have a LOT of freeware controls floating around the net (most of VB components are always $hareware). Delphi 2006 professional comes already with a lot of build-in components (more than M$ .NET)

add one or more of the popular free (opensource) component libraries like the JVCL, Turbopower, LMD tools, ..., and you'll have a very powerful toolbox on your hands!

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back