Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

microsoft sus server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncharlemagne

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2003
GB
Hi guys, need some help with Microsoft SUS server.
I have installed the server aprroved the updates , have set up the group policy , but not all the servers have the policy applied, they all are patched up to service pack 3 and are all in the same folder within active directory, any ideas? this is driving me crazy.
as a test i created a sub folder and added 2 servers in it and applied the policy and schedulled a rollut, one server saw it the other did not aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Can anyone help?

Use gpresult tool from WIndows2000 resource kit. That tool will tell you what policies were applied to a specified system/user. Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, soon MCSE2k

thanks for your reply, but where do i run the gpresult from the sus server or the active directory server.

GPRESULT you have to run it on the machine that you want to investigate, the machine that will receive those policies.
APply this on the servers that are receiving SUS and to the ones that doesn't want to. Compare the results. Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, soon MCSE2k

Great thanks it worked, i know where the problem is, the policy did work, i have discovered that it did not install because the server already had the patch installed, hense it did not install again.

One more thing , i cant remember where the logs are for the SUS server to monitor what servers have attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back