Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft SUS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

olusayo

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2005
NG
Hi all,

I installed Microsoft Software update Service which i downloaded from the microsoft.com. I made sure that the service is ruuning perfectly well and in automatic mode.

I recievd this ("You are not authorized to view this page") error message when I tried to launch it from adminstrative tools.

Please can you resolve this problem for me.

Thank you very much.

Leke

It runs through IIS. Check that IIS is set to use digest authentication. You need to log in as admin to view the pages.

Thanks all,

I have installed Wsus and its running fine on the server.

Can you tell me how I can get computers in the damain to syncronise with the WSUS server.

Thank you.

Olusayo

i have it installed on my network;
i first created OUs for the verious groups of computers.
On each OU i configured a GPO, in computer settings under windows updates. i have all the machines updating over different nights with auto restart if required - no user intervention, with the WSUS as the update server.you need to set up the interval at which they detect updates ie every 22hrs - default
On the WSUS server i configured groups similar to the OU setup. once the machines send requests to the server for updates they will appear in the 'unassigned comp' group. move to the assigned groups you've created.
in the config, set up how you want the updates to be applied, ie' auto approve critical updates, patches etc.
then apply those settings to the groups you have created in the setup.....it's really quite easy to set up. the help files are quite extensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back