Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3maw

Programmer
Feb 16, 2005
GB
I`m getting an error whilst installing MS Sqlserver 2005 into a windows 2000 Server SP4 system.

This is the error message

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup
------------------------------

Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Tasks\Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask.dll in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
Error message: Unknown error 0x80131501
Error description: You must have administrative credentials to perform this task. Contact your system administrator for assistance.

For help, click:
I checked the help page and i got this response. the service is running but i don`t know what else i should do being new to this and all any help would be great

Message: Failed to install and configure assemblies [2] in the COM+ catalog. Error: [3]{Error message: [4]}{Error description: [5]}

Explanation
Microsoft SQL Server Setup could not verify that Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MS DTC) is running.

User Action
In the Services snap-in, verify that Distributed Transaction Coordinator is started as a Network Service account. Use the Services snap-in to configure MS DTC to run as a Network Service account, and start MS DTC. Click Retry.

Some additional info...

The windows help page suggests "Use the Services snap-in to configure MS DTC to run as a Network Service account, and start MS DTC. Click Retry" as I have pasted above.

According to various sites this user account does not exist on windows 2000 server...

Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 servers also use a new account, named the “Network Services” account. This account is designed specifically for use with services that need to communicate with other computers on the network. The “Network Services” account provides better security than the “LocalSystem” account by design and should be used when ever the service can function with this account.

Any idea on how we can get this set up correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back