Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Search ftdata

Status
Not open for further replies.

DONNAJ

MIS
Mar 13, 2002
US
I have a situation on a production clustered server. The Microsoft Search on one of the servers is failing on startup. The error message is:

The Gatherer property mapping file cannot be opened. Error: 80070005. The default values are being used. You may have to copy the property mapping file from the setup CD, or reinstall the application.

I found the exact message described on the MS site and it talks about permissions, which is not the problem here.

Has anyone ever tried to re-install Ms Search, all by it's self? If so, please let me know how to do this. Along the same line, if you ever needed to uninstall just one of the components loaded as part of MS sql server, how would you ever be able to do it? I thought the install CD would let you choose a component to uninstall and boy was I wrong on that one! Before I could hit cancel my server was gone!

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks,

Donnaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back