Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Post Office on NT4.0/ Password problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2005
US
The outgoing Network Admin didn't leave a password for administering the Post Office and I can't add users to the Post Office. I have tried other combinations only to receive the error: "Post Office can only be administered by the user who created it" Is there a way to crack the password or am I left to recreate the Post Office.

Can you provide additional information? i.e. is the NT4.0 server or workstation? Are we talking about the inhearent pre-outlook 'post office' or a server side application? Any additional information will help in coming up with a solution.

Yes, we are talking about the NT Server and the pre-outlook "Post Office" There is a work group named 'wgpo'in it lies all the current members of the office staff and employees. In the current configuration everything is working fine but I can't add new email address' to the "Post Office" Because the password into the 'Post Office' is not known. All outgoing mail is routed through our ISP mail server. Out of all employess only about 10 employees have outgoing mail.

A little background is that all mail is routed through the Post Office and all email is stored on the client machines. In order to configure the client machines I must set them up through the Mail icon in Control Panel as well as setting up their credentials in the Post Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back