Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Outlook Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroLui

Technical User
Jun 6, 2001
HK
Dear All PROs,
When I use Explorer, select a file and right click the mouse > Send To > Mail Recipient using Microsoft Outlook, the MS-Outlook shown "Can't create the item". What can I do?

P.S. I'm using WordMail in MS-Outlook.

Dear Dreamboat,
WordMail is a build-in function that the MS-Outlook (NOT Outlook Express) can use the Microsoft Word as a Email editor.
I've checked the "Internet options" that the default email program is MS-Outlook.
More detail, when I click "Mail Recipient using Microsoft Outlook", it should be insert the file to the new email as a attachment, but now a new email is open, the file not attached and shown "Can't create the item".

Thanks.

Okay, I'm aware of Word being an email editor, but never heard it called "Wordmail", so thought perhaps some 3rd-party thing.

Anyway, We need the version of Outlook and the version of Word. Just open them, hit the Help dropdown and then About...

95/97/2000? Outlook and Word COULD be different, i.e., Word 97 w/Outlook 98. Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
techsupportgirl@home.com

Dear Dreamboat,
I'm using MS-Word 97 w/ MS-Outlook 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back