Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

microsoft outlook folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlake

Technical User
Dec 9, 2001
US
I somehow have accumulated extra Folders which I want to delete. However, I am unable to delete them. I have followed the steps in the MS Outlook treatises, but nothing works. Can you please help me delete these Personal Folders?

Personal folders?

Go to Tools-Services and remove them from there. You can delete them by looking at the properties under Tools-Services and choosing that personal folder, then deleting the *.pst file that it refers to. dreamboat@nni.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

I am going to make an assumption that you have already tried going through the normal means of trying to delete the personal folders through TOOLS - SERVICES and removing the components and that their is no listing for the personal folder that you want to delete.

This does happen sometimes in Outlook because of information that is stuck in the registry. You have two options. The first option, which is the easiest is to delete the entire Outlook profile and recreate it this should take care of the issue.

The second option is to go into the registry and find where the personal folder is being added and remove the registry entry but you have to be sure of the entry you are removing. You should only opt for the second approach if you are familiar with navigating through the registry. You will generally find the profile information under HKEY_Current_user\Software\Microsoft\Windows messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back