Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Outlook Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofeark21

Technical User
Dec 27, 2006
US
I am having an issue with one of my pc's. I upgraded the machine to Office 2007 and now when I sign on I get a "Accessing Microsoft Outlook Failed!" message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The message would appear even after office was uninstalled.
I used CCleaner to clean up the system. I have looked in the registry under the Run folder and no entries for anything trying to access Outlook are listed there. I have also checked under msconfig for any entries and there are none. Can someone give me any ideas of where to look on where this error is coming from?

Thanks.

Have you tried Event Viewer?. It should have an entry for the error, and tell you a bit more about it.

does it work from Safe Mode? By that I mean does Office work correctly and not issue the error?

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

I am having an issue with one of my pc's

If you use the same mail account on at least two of your PC's, you could check your account setup on the "bad" PC with the account on one of your "good" PC's.

From control panel click the mail icon and follow the dialogue to view account setup on both PC's.

sam

What other E-mail programs are installed on your machine?

Are you trying to synchronize between Outlook and some other source of E-mails?

Do you have this problem from "Safe Mode with Networking"? Or in Normal Mode but as a different user?

What is the title of the window that is giving this error message, is it from XP or does the title include a program identification? I assume the message is not coming from Outlook as you get it when it is uninstalled.

What did you upgrade 2007 from, was it Office 2003?

You could also look to the MS Office forum for expert help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back