Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Outlook 2003 -- Anamoly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakatz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2005
US
Anyone ever see this one before? . . .

A user here came into work this working, logged in and opened up MS Outlook to check his email. Immediately, he received 100+ emails -- read receipts -- which state "YOUR MESSAGE WAS DELETED WITHOUT BEING READ" . . .

What was odd about this is they referenced emails which were sent by the user dating back up to two-years ago. The emails that were referenced were addressed to a variety of recipients in that two year period -- and not every message has the same recipient in each.

This user does not currently have delivery or/and read-receipts turned on, but he may have had them turned on at the time the orginal message that these receipts refer to.

I have run a virus scan and an Ad-Aware scan, but the machine seems to come up clean (no mail-worms, etc.)

I read one vague support article from Microsoft:

But I am not sure if it applies, because they do not specifically mention this exact issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back