Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft or Linux DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericksot

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
US
I am trying to find some good documentation if I truly have to run the Microsoft DHCP in an Active Directory Integrated DNS structure. We are currenlty planning our migration to our new coporate's AD structure which is AD native mode. We currently use Linux DHCP and I think I am going to have to break it to the team we have to switch over to Windows DHCP Any help will be appreciated

Windows DHCP will bring you more advantages.
It is in connection with DNS. So, it is able to convey to DDNS the IP addresses assigned to computers. Otherwise, for OSes that doesn't know how to add themself to the DNS (just w2k knows) you have to add them manually. And, even for Win2k, the update in reverse zone is made by the DHCP.

Anyway, the answer to your question is that I don't know such a site, but contact me and I can answer to your questions. Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, soon MCSE2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back