Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunBo900

MIS
Dec 11, 2009
US
I am migrating old applications from 2k3 to 2k8r2 server. The app works fine in 2k3 but in 2k8. I am not familiar with classic asp. It seems like I am missing configuration steps somewhere. Can someone point me there? I am trying to connect to oracle database 11g. Thanks

I got diff errors depending on what Option I use below.
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'
Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed

I have tried different ways to connect to the database and looked at anything that I could think of but still getting the same error. I have been scour the internet for hours.

Option 1:
Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
ConnStr="Provider=MSDASQL; driver={Microsoft ODBC for ORACLE}; Password=xxx;User ID=xxx;Server=xxx.world"
Conn.Open Connstr

Option 2:
ConnStr="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=xxx;User ID=xxx;Data source=xxx.world;Persist Security Info=True"
Conn.Open Connstr

Option 3:
ConnStr="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=xxx;User ID=xxx;Data source=xxx.world;Persist Security Info=True"
Conn.Open Connstr

I GOT IT! You need to register OraOLEDB.dll as 32 bit.

Run as Admin at

Command Prompt > regsvr32 c:\oracle\product\1120\client_1\bin\OraOLEDB11.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back