Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Office Word can’t start the application required to open thi

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxheight

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2004
US
I have a pc running windows XP and Office XP.

When trying to open an excel spreadsheet embedded in word, it gives the following message: (and both documents were created on the same machine)

“Microsoft Office Word can’t start the application required to open this object. An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair this feature now.”

I have clicked yes and that makes no difference. Have rebooted to no avail, and have reinstalled office but that did not help.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Mark J. Sheffield
America's PowerSports

I believe it was Office 2000 that had a problem like this and it was related to having more than 64 characters in the path name.

You'd think it would have been resolved in Office 2003, but try it with a shorter path to the file and see if it can then find the embedded spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back