Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 Install Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togora

Technical User
Aug 18, 2001
GB
Hi All,

Merry Christmas I hope you all had a great time and are not now having problems with your Christmas presents.

I am attempting to install Microsoft Enterprise 2007. On booting the DVD I get a error message that statings:

"Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): The 2007 Microsoft Office system does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. You must first uninstall any prerelease versions of the 2007 Microsoft Office system products and associated technologies. Correct the issue(s)listed above and re-run setup.

Ok I hear you all say that is nice and clear. That is what I thought but after removing all software that I thought is causing this problem it became clear I may have problems.

So my question is, is there a software program that will clean out all the software that is stopping Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 from installing? If not then what do I need to uninstall?

If Microsoft had got itself organised then it would have included an uninstall routine to rectify this problem.

Thanks

Breathing is the only thing a person MUST do in life, everything else is optional so enjoy it. :)

Togora said:
If Microsoft had got itself organised then it would have included an uninstall routine to rectify this problem.
All pre-release versions were beta test versions. If you install test software you must understand that you, and you alone, are responsible for the impact it has on your machine.

Patrick Schmidt has an excellent web page covering many aspects of Office 2007. You should find all the information you need here (or linked from there).

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Professional Office Developers Association

After you Add and Remove Programs ensuring there are no Office pieces left there

hack your registry and get rid of the path local machine-software- ms- office.....

Hi TonyJollans

Thanks for the advice however this is not a beta version but a fully fledged and fully paid for copy. At this price I would have thought that an uninstaller for uncompatable software would have been included. It makes life a little bit easier that is all. Not to worry I have managed to locate the problem.

Have a great festive time.

Breathing is the only thing a person MUST do in life, everything else is optional so enjoy it. :)

Hi Togora,

I wasn't aware that Office 2007 was available for purchase yet but that isn't the point. If you previously had a beta installed the beta could have had or caused any number of problems and there is no way that any program could guarantee to identify and correct them all - and nor, IMHO, should it try. You take beta software on the basis that you are responsible, and personally I would never install a beta on a system that I didn't intend to wipe later.

All that said, I echo NoCalAdmin's question: what was the problem?

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Professional Office Developers Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back