Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Office Assistant 2000/2003 conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogjuggler

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2003
GB
I have a couple of computers running win 2k with office 2000 and outlook 2003. The users in question like using the office assistants but there now seems to be a conflict between the two versions. If the assistant is started in outlook 2003 its fine but then if you open an Office 2000 product the message "The Office Assistant could not be started. Please repair the Assistant by running Office 2000 setup and selecting Repair Office 2000" I have tried this and also tried repairing the outlook 2003 setup. Has anyone any ideas?

I would submit a issue with Microsoft. However, they are probably going to tell you to upgrade to Office 2003 completely.

The application is obviously having issues with the install of Outlook 2003. Try installing the assistant from 2003.

hth.............

Thanks,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back