Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Office 2003 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal1981

Technical User
Mar 30, 2001
US
Hi, I've run into a problem recently with my upgrades. The computers originally had Office 2000 and were upgraded to Office XP. I am now trying to upgrade to Office 2003 but I'm having a problem with Access. I have a program that runs through Access and what I've always done in the past is right click the icon, click Open With and either choose Access from the list of programs or browse until I found it. The problem is that it doesn't show in the Open With list and when I browse for MSACCESS.EXE and select it to add it to the list, it never shows up. It's not a problem with Access 2003 because I've used it before and it works fine. Somewhere along with the upgrades something messes up. How can I make Access 2003 show up in the Open With list? Thanks for your help!

Quoting from another web site,

...if you have MS Access 2000, 2002/XP, and 2003 installed concurrently on your computer, using the Open With functionality will only display the 2003 version as the option for opening an .mdb file. Even when you select "Choose program...", MS Access 2003 is the only version of MS Access available in the Open With menu. However, if you include the shortcuts to each version of MS Access in the SendTo folder, you can choose which version of MS Access to use.
Source:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back