Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbtmage

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2004
US
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I couldn't think of where else in the 3,429 forums that it would belong.

I heard through a friend that Microsoft has some kind of going offer that many people don't know about, where you pay something around $300 and they give you licenses for almost all of their products.

I also heard from someone else that this only works if you purchase whatever it is called through a certified Microsoft partner.

Does anyone have any idea what this program is called so I can find more info on it? Thanks in advance

Ah! Thank you so much, that was really quick. That's what I was looking for

Correct. Check MS's web site for information on becoming a partner. should get you started.

As I recall, you can't purchase this through a partner. They are "Not for Resale" licenses and thus can't be resold. They're for internal use by the partner. I think they're also limited-use, like 5 licenses.

I could be wrong about some of this, but it's what I remember from the last phone call I got.

I would love that program as well! If you ever do see it please post.

Sadly, you probably won't.

Your talking about Volume licensing programs, of which there are a few. (Select, Open Value, etc)

As for the $300 part this is partially true. You have the option of ammoritizing the cost over 3 years. This is roughly $300+ a year.

Ahh, the action pack is what you speak of.

lgardner is right, our software vendor basically said the same.

Somehow I knew it was almost too good to be true...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back