Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft License Server question

Status
Not open for further replies.

goickle

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2006
US
I am replacing my current Windows 2000 Server with a Microsoft Windows Server 2003. This is also my licensing server for Terminal services and user CALS. I know with Windows Server 2000 it generates warning messages in the Application log when you do not have enough licenses. Is it the same in 2003 or will it stop users from being able to access until the licenses are added? I know I have enough Terminal licenses. I am not sure if we have enough 2003 User CALs. I want to make sure their is no disruption to the users when I make this change. If we are short CALs I will buy, but do not want problems until they are purchased and installed.

2003 user CAL's don't matter, you can still turn off the licensing service in W2003 like most people do wtih W2K.

Terminal services has its own separate licensing service.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back