Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Imaging Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2001
US
Need some help . . . can't find anything on the MS Site.

Error message: The specifed file's format is invalid or not support.

I have an employee using Windows 95 with Office 2000 SP2 experiencing the following problem:

He is using MS Imaging to view photos. Anything old 2000 he can use the program. New files he gets the above error message. I tried it with another machine with same software as employee and same error with that PC. When I tried from my PC (Windows 2000 SP1 with Office 2000 SP2), I can view the old and new photos using MS Imaging with no problems.

I think it is something with Windows 95, but can not figure out. Any clues???

The Imaging software included with Win95, wangimg.exe, should handle any files with .tif, .bmp, and .jpg extensions. If your pics files use one of these extensions, you may have to uninstall and reinstall the Imaging component in Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/Windows Setup tab. if you don't have access to the setup files, Microsoft has them available on their knowledgebase in article Q140980.

If the extension is not one of the above mentioned, you may have to try a different image viewer such as Adobe Photoshop or try one of the many free and shareware viewers available on the Internet. One I've used recently is IrfanView, available at

GraverWater,

MS Imaging, never heard of it.

Get out your CD, do a custom install of Office 2000 and select ALL the graphic converters.

reghakr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back